- stiff, firm colored/plain paper; card-sized (choose the preferred size yourself but make sure it is big enough to hold the pop-up design)
- colored/plain tag
- markers, crayons or colored pencils
- a design to glue on your pop up
GETTING STARTED (STEPS)--
. Make these about 1 inch (3 cm) long. The cut should be made in from the folded edge of the card in order to make a flap.
4.Fold the flap over on to the front. Then fold it on to the back of the card. Open the card and push the flap up toward you. Pinch the middle to crease it.
5.Decide what you want to pop up. It could be a picture of a gift, or a name, or a heart, or anything that takes your fancy. Cut out your pop-up shape and glue it on to the flap.. It is now complete. Write your message, put it inside the envelope and give to your intended recipient.
- Use trimming scissors to trim borders and designs around your card.
- Use glitter glue to make your cards sparkly.
- Gel pens can make your words stand out.
- For best results, make sure the actual card is twice the height of the envelope and the pop up shape one half the height of it.
- Stickers, small shells, and beads are a great way to accent your card.
- Get All Your Stuff Ready BEFORE You Start Making The Product.
- Try covering up the hole in your paper with another colorful sheet of construction paper.
- The possibilities are endless!
- If using glue, allow to dry thoroughly.
- PVA glue is better than glue sticks